Conference Day One: Tuesday, 21 May 2019
8:55 am - 9:00 am IQPC Opening Remarks
9:00 am - 9:10 am Chairperson Opening Remarks
9:10 am - 9:20 am Visionary Opening Address
THE NEXT GENERATION STADIUM
As home entertainment systems are becoming more preferable allowing the fans to watch the action from each and every angle with the choice of replay, football stadiums are stepping up their game into luring people from the couch of their houses. The promise of a pint, the chants of the crowd and the smell of grass are not enough to get the fans unless stadiums become the next-big thing!
9:20 am - 9:50 am STADIA LEADERS EXCHANGE: What Is The Ideal Stadium Of The Future?Collette Roche - Chief Operating Officer, Manchester United Football Club
Jacques Henri Eyraud - Chief Executive Officer, Olympique de Marseille
Henk Markerink - Chief Executive Officer, Johan Cruyff ArenA
Stadiums are no more just a sporting venue but a multi purpose facility catering to numerous activities and stakeholders. They are an essential part of the community and city too. Creating futuristic, sustainable and multi-purpose facilities have become the new trend for stadium and club owners.
- The future of stadium design, technology, infrastructure and experience
- Converting non-sporting fans to customers of the future and creating a loyal and engaged fanbase
- How technology and trends will impact commerciality, partnerships and broadcast
- Creating sustainable, efficient and commercial strategies for current and future stadiums
Collette RocheChief Operating Officer
Manchester United Football Club
Jacques Henri EyraudChief Executive Officer
Olympique de Marseille
Henk MarkerinkChief Executive Officer
Johan Cruyff ArenA
9:50 am - 10:10 am THE BIG IDEA: Espai Barça! Taking The 600 Million Euro Project Of FC Barcelona To The Next Level By 2023!Miquel Torregrosa - Head of Digital Transformation, FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona, one of the biggest sporting clubs in the world is ready to take their facilities to the next level in the next 5 years. With all the club venues including the iconic Camp Nou stadium under the transformation project, the project will take the club to new levels of efficiency, sustainability, technology and experience!
- Gain insights on the project, timelines, vision and facilities undergoing the changes
- Hear first hand on the experiences, digital technologies and new innovations that will be implemented as part of the project
- Enhancing fan and VIP experience by redefining the digital strategy
Miquel TorregrosaHead of Digital Transformation
10:10 am - 10:30 am INTERNATIONAL CASE STUDY: HOSTING A SUCCESSFUL MEGA EVENT: How FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Achieved Its Mark As The Best World Cup EverMaxim Korshunov - Stadium Manager, 2018 FIFA World Cup Local Organising Committee
Stadium infrastructure, stadium readiness and facility plays a vital role in ensuring smooth operations and execution of events. With the FIFA World Cup going to Russia, the local organising committee had a big task to ensure smooth execution of all the games, with stadium management at the heart of it all. Stadium manager is a position that is in the top of every activity taking place at the stadium - from construction, IT, broadcast and finishing with sustainability and ticketing.
- Gain hands on insights on what went behind executing an event at the scale of a world cup
- How the right design, technology and stadium infrastructure eases organising pressure
- Lessons learnt, and what stadiums for future mega events can improvise on
Maxim KorshunovStadium Manager
2018 FIFA World Cup Local Organising Committee
10:30 am - 11:00 am WSC Speed Networking: Meet The Pros!
Break the ice with a player handshake between all attendees to kick-start your business networking.
11:00 am - 11:30 am Networking Coffee Break
NEW STADIUM SHOWCASE
Football and architecture should go hand in hand to keep the sense of the real feel. The proximity to the players is a moment only fans can feel in the stadium arenas. Architecture should amplify what is considered to be the stadium of tomorrow.
11:30 am - 12:00 pm NEW WHITE HART LANE: Deemed The Finest Billion Dollar Stadium In The World!
The ongoing project said to produce the finest stadium in the world once completed has the world talking about it! With a fully state-of-the-art retractable NFL field and football field, the stadium has been in the limelight globally and is definitely keeping fans and the public curious.
- Gain hands on insights on the new stadium, from their retractable fields to the new technologies used in them
- VIP boxes, hospitality and creating new generation experiences
- Learning from their development: What stadia stakeholders can do to ensure timely delivery
Reserved for Tottenham Hotspurs
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm What Does It Take To Build The World’s Most Exclusive Stadium?
Stadiums are on the rise of making themselves more advanced and welcoming to its people. In order to achieve the best experience for a fan, they are stepping up their technology and comfort game. But what goes in the construction and designing of the stadium of tomorrow?
- How architecture and planning is key to a sustainable and people-friendly stadium
- The need of the hour: Creating spectacular multi-purpose venues
CREATING EXPERIENCES THAT MATTER!
The number one competition stadium operators and clubs face are broadcast channels and new media. Ensuring fans choose the stadium experience over regular broadcast requires experiences and value on top of everything else. New technologies, trends and experiences are upcoming in stadiums to create fan experiences that last and to create fan loyalty and engagement.
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm TECH TALK: THE RIGHT CHOICE: Driving The Fan To The Stadium Beyond Their Four Walls
“Customer first” a phrase common in products and services is the driving force for the success of any business. In the sporting and stadia industry, ensuring their fans feel privileged and valuable is key. Connectivity and providing the luxury of accessibility and ease is on the rise in the sporting industry and no longer an added benefit but a necessity. A happy fan is a marketing tool to gain future customers for the stadium and club.
- The age of mobile applications, cashless transactions and personalised dashboards
- Enhancing fan experience from an operational point of view: Better acoustics, screens and enhanced ticketing strategies
- Pulling crowd and early purchases using better ticketing strategies
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm CASE STUDY: Tracking Footfall Using Sensors For Future Strategies And Business Intelligence: Learning From F1Matt Roberts - Director of Research, Formula 1®
For a sport running on data for years, F1 has recently started to use fans as a source of data for business intelligence strategies, future partnerships and sponsorships. Sensor technology piloted by F1 has enabled research on fan engagement, experiences, anonymous movements and activations, enabling the organisers to create better experiences in the future and precise reports for sponsors and activations.
- Gain insights on the data tracking from the man behind the project
- Engaging fans, enhancing activations and understanding trends from fan footfall tracking sensors enabled by Wi-Fi
- How stadiums can use similar projects to increase partnerships and engagements
Matt RobertsDirector of Research
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Networking Lunch Break
THE EVER EVOLVING V-I-P
In the increasing demand for the “royal” treatment, every VIP needs to be treated for his loyalty with luxury and an enhanced personal experience. The VIP facility in stadiums gives rise to overall revenue on match days. On other days, the VIP facilities can be rented out for business meetings and corporate events.
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm THE BIG BREAK: THE REAL MVP: Giving The VIP An Experience Like No Other - Luxury Tech At Its Peak
VIP suites account to almost 20% of team revenue on event days. Individuals and brands both have different purchasing experience and stadium owners and clubs require customised tools to facilitate the process for their VIP clients. Creating a personalised connection between the club and the VIP is key. It is a great tool to understand and engage the VIP in a true personal manner.
- Creating a virtual and realistic purchase experience for a personal and interactive connection
- Incorporating immersive technologies of AR/VR in the purchase experience and in the VIP seats/ boxes
- How stadium design effects the VIP experience
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm TECH TALK: BEYOND THE VIP NORMS: Inclusion Of Real Time Game Analytics And AR/VR Technology
From parking to entry to inhouse technologies, providing an interactive, immersive and a luxurious experience can all be enhanced with state of the art technologies. From connectivity and Wi-Fi, to better screens and mobile applications, to new technologies like AR/VR in the premium seatings and boxes, offering your VIP a tech-backed VIP experience is the new trend in stadiums.
- Personalised applications to sell partners’ products better
- From real time game analysis systems to the use of custom interfaces - Connecting the game to your VIP
LASTING PARTNERSHIPS – PROFITABLE CLUBS AND STADIUMS
Naming rights have been popular with brands establishing themselves in the form of advertising by purchasing the right to name the entity. With approximately 20 years of naming rights (mostly), the brand establishes itself with the fans and creates a new user base.
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm THE NEW AGE OF MILLION DOLLAR PARTNERSHIPS, SPONSORSHIPS AND REVENUE GENERATIONS: Connected StadiumsBenjamin Steen - Head of Customer Care, Call Center and Digital Licensing, FC Bayern Munich
Dennis C. Thom - Head of Marketing & Sponsoring, Borussia Dortmund
Franco Segarra - BI, Fan Experience and Ticketing Manager, Valencia Club de Fútbol
- Creating long lasting and more profitable partnerships using technical infrastructure and connected stadiums
- Developing new ticketing strategies to drive insightful data for sponsors
- Utilising analytics: Use research, insights and data to provide detailed analysis and help sponsors market better
Benjamin SteenHead of Customer Care, Call Center and Digital Licensing
FC Bayern Munich
Dennis C. ThomHead of Marketing & Sponsoring
Franco SegarraBI, Fan Experience and Ticketing Manager
Valencia Club de Fútbol
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm VIRTUAL ADVERTISEMENTS, INTERNATIONALISATION AND SPONSORSHIP: The Wolfsburg Success StoryFelix Welling - Head of Corporate Development, VFL Wolfsburg
The approval of virtual advertising from the German Football League (DFL) has laid foundation to new parameters in sponsorships, broadcast and internationalisation for clubs and stadium owners. By leveraging additional advertisement space at the same time to different markets, stadiums, clubs and their partners have been given an opportunity to meet their international strategy and raise target marketing and promotion, ultimately leading to healthier partnerships and sponsorships.
- Promoting different brands to different markets in the same space at the same time
- Driving added value to partners by delivering audience relevant advertising
- Learning from Wolfsburg’s internationalisation strategy and how they are utilising these technologies for partnerships and sponsorships
Felix WellingHead of Corporate Development
LOCKER ROOM SESSIONS
Interactive Discussion Groups (IDGs) are the perfect setting for audiences to come together and discuss their ideas, insights and opinions on specific topics. Each IDG has a leader who will lead the discussion and mention key points that the audience can engage in, creating a platform for interactive conversations and learnings from like minded individuals, from similar work backgrounds, ultimately leading into a thought provoking discussion.
LOCKER ROOM DISCUSSIONS