Damian BushSenior Director - Venues & Events
Singapore Sports Hub
Damian is a senior event professional with over 20 years’ experience. He possesses an extensive practical background in planning and provision of events across a variety of venues previously in the UK and now in Singapore. From 2009 to 2012 worked for the London 2012 organizing committee, culminating as the Venue General Manager for Central London venues.
Currently operating at the Singapore Sports Hub with Venues & Events responsibility across a multitude of venues which include the 55,000 multi-use stadia. The venue is host to international sporting events such as World Rugby 7’s, International Champions Cup, Super Rugby, International Football Games, along with Athletics. In addition, family entertainment such as Monster Jam and concerts from Cold Play, Madonna, Jay Chou to Foo Fighters and One Direction were also hosted there.
Enhancing footfall with enhanced “nongame day” facilities and events
- Developing event calendars of multi-disciplines that attracts the local community
- Creating additional revenue channels through cultural activities
- Community outreach initiatives to drive community integration
- Social media and instant communication to engage fans on a real-time basis
- Fan involvement in design phase that optimise game-day delivery
- Grasp and fulfill fan and community requirements for a sustainable stadium